Preparing a Thanksgiving Day feast can be time consuming, and if cooking isn’t your favorite pastime, being relegated to hours of labor in the kitchen probably doesn’t sound like much fun. If you’re determined to get some tasty dishes on the table without sacrificing a whole day or ordering a ready-made meal, here’s your saving grace, courtesy of Food & Wine magazine: 30-minute Thanksgiving recipes that everyone will love. Assign turkey duty to someone else, and whip up these quick and delicious dishes to round out your holiday spread.
Turkey Day Time Savers
Creative and tasty side dishes can outshine the turkey – and with these recipes in hand, you can get them on the table fast. Impress your guests with delicious appetizers, sides, and desserts that take just half an hour from start to finish.
- Gingered Carrot Soup with Crème Fraîche – Start your meal with a bowlful of fall flavor. This soup is rich, creamy, and the perfect kick-off to a memorable feast. It looks just as great as it tastes, and it’s ready in no time.
- Baby Peas with Bacon and Crispy Leeks – The combination of golden-brown fried leeks, crumbled bacon, and baby peas in a cream-based sauce will instantly elevate this dish to your list of must-make Thanksgiving sides.
- Port-Cranberry Sauce – Every Thanksgiving meal needs a light and refreshing element, and this sauce fits the bill. Ruby port, orange juice, and cranberries create a slightly sweet and tangy counterpoint to even the richest dishes on your table.
- Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts – A simple side that’s big on flavor, these sprouts are likely to win over even the pickiest eater at your dinner.
- Dulce de Leche Bread Pudding – Gooey and decadent, this recipe is the sweetest way to end your meal. The only thing more appealing than the dessert itself is its quick prep and cook time.
You might also like: Taste Great Venezuelan Food At Arepitas
Be Thankful for Savings at Toyota of Killeen
When you’re in the market for a new or used vehicle at an incredible price, you owe it to yourself to visit Toyota of Killeen and see what we’ve got cooking. No matter when you shop, you’ll find our inventory well stocked and our special offers simply irresistible. Buy or lease from us today and add one more thing to your list of reasons to be thankful.