Sic ‘Em, Bears! If you’re a Baylor fan or alumni, or even if you’re just looking for some live sports entertainment this winter there are 10 Baylor Men’s Basketball home games scheduled for the remainder of the season from December 30, 2019, through March 2, 2020.
Baylor Men’s Basketball Home Schedule
- Monday, Dec. 30 vs. Jackson State
- Saturday, Jan. 4 vs. Texas
- Wednesday, Jan 15 vs. Iowa State
- Monday, Jan. 20 vs. Oklahoma
- Saturday, Feb. 1 vs TCU
- Saturday, Feb. 8 vs. Oklahoma State
- Saturday, Feb. 15 vs. West Virginia
- Saturday, Feb. 22 vs. Kansas
- Tuesday, Feb. 25 vs. Kansas State
- Monday, March 2 vs. Texas Tech
Baylor Bears Basketball History
The Baylor men’s basketball program has been running continuously since 1907 when Coach Burleson doubled as the basketball and football coach. The Bears have enjoyed a fairly successful run over 111 seasons, and boast a .469 average from 1907 – 2019 with 1,351 wins over 1,373 losses in program history. Most recently, the Bears were the NIT champions in 2013.
You might also like: Taste Great Venezuelan Food At Arepitas
Baylor Sports Traditions
Baylor University is a school rich with traditions, and that extends to its athletics programs as well!
- Sic ‘Em – Adopted in 1960, you’ll hear fans yell, “Sic ‘Em Bears!” with the claw hand motion raised in the air at many school sporting events.
- Yell Leaders – Yell leaders originated at Baylor in 1920 when elected male representatives led the school yells. Now, there are Coed Yell Leaders, All-Girl Yell Leaders, Songleaders, and the school mascots.
- Green Pat Neff – These green floodlights on the Pat Neff tower were first used in the fall of 1978 and signal a Baylor athletic victory.
- Golden Wave Band – The band has been around for more than 100 years, but only received their name in 1928 in honor of their golden uniforms!
- Old Fight! – The beloved Baylor fight song!
- Baylor Line – The Baylor line was established in 1970, and is comprised of all-new students. They cheer on the Baylor Bears from behind the opponents after welcoming the team to the field.
- Bear Mascot – Baylor went 70 years without a mascot, but the student body voted the bear to be the “Patron Saint of all Baylordom”
You can find the full Baylor Men’s Basketball Schedule on the Baylor athletics website, Go Bears!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.