With warmer weather and brighter days ahead, spring is a popular time to hit the road. But before you hop behind the wheel, crank up your car, and start cruising, there are some easy service tasks you’ll want to take care of. Checking off these simple preventive maintenance jobs will ensure that your spring joyrides and summer road trips are just as fun and exciting as you deserve – with no unpleasant surprises along the way. Read on to discover a few tips from the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
Tips for Springtime Auto Care
The last thing you want is for your warm-weather travels to be derailed by a mechanical problem. You can head off many issues and pave the way for smooth and easy driving by making sure your car is up to the task before you head out.
- Fish out your owner’s manual from the glove box and read up on the recommended service schedule. If you’ve fallen behind, make every effort to catch up.
- Check out the cooling system. It hasn’t been used in a while, after all, and you don’t want to find out your AC is blowing hot air in the middle of a long trip with the sun beaming through your windows. Have the radiator flushed and refilled per your manufacturer’s recommendations, and check the level, condition, and concentration of the coolant.
- Make sure your tires are road-ready. After a winter’s worth of driving on pitted, salt-treated roads and being exposed to the elements, tires may have seen better days. Check tire pressure when tires are cold, as varying temperatures make them expand and contract. Don’t forget the spare!
- Get the oil changed and the oil filter replaced.
- Inspect the lights and bulbs and replace bulbs that have burned out.
- Replace worn and frayed wiper blades and replace wiper fluid as needed – with spring and summer showers on their way, you’ll need a reliable set of windshield wipers.
You might also like: Schedule A Service With Us!
Get Your Car Ready for Spring
Toyota of Killeen is your trusted local source for all your automotive service needs. Turn to us to get your vehicle ready to take on all the road trips you’ve been missing. Our service technicians will do all the work quickly, completely, and with low prices you’ll love.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.