The 2013 Toyota Avalon is equipped with Standard Display Audio so that drivers can pair compatible smartphones and audio devices for hands-free and music streaming services. For ultimate convenience, these services can be accessed with ease. Here’s a step-by-step guide for how to connect your phone to the Avalon via Bluetooth:
Registering a Smartphone:
1. First select the phone icon on the bezel.
2. The screen will prompt to you add a device: Select “Yes.”
3. Make your compatible smartphone discoverable to the Avalon by going into your phone settings and turning on Bluetooth services.
4. The Avalon’s Connect Bluetooth screen will display a passcode that should be entered into your phone. However, some phones will sense the request and connect to the Avalon automatically.
5. The screen will let you know when the connection is complete.
Your smartphone is paired! To pair another phone to your Avalon, you can select the “Connect Phone” button from the Phone Screen. You’ll choose to “Add New” and repeat the process above to pair up to 5 phones! Some phones will automatically connect to the Bluetooth audio feature in the Avalon and transfer contacts for your convenience or you may register one separately.
Register an Audio Device:
1. From the Audio Sources Screen, select the “BT” icon.
2. The screen will tell you an “Audio Player is not connected.”
3. Turn on your Bluetooth compatible player and make sure it’s in discoverable mode. You can access this through device’s settings.
4. Click on the “Connect” button and select Yes to register your device.
5. The screen will display a passcode that your device may require you to type in, though some wont require it.
6. The Avalon will tell you when your connection has completed.
Your audio device has been successfully paired! To pair additional devices, select “Connect,” “Add New,” and repeat the process. If you have two devices registered and would like to switch from one to the other, select the Connect tab and choose the player you want. Once you agree to disconnect the original device, the other will begin to play.