As a vehicle owner, one of your biggest concerns about your car should be its maintenance. In the medical field, they say ‘prevention is better than the cure.’ The same holds true for cars– maintaining your car properly and regularly can help sort out problems before they become bigger issues in the future. Following a basic car maintenance schedule will help you retain your car’s value and improve its fuel efficiency. With this, your car last longer and even have a higher resale value compared to others similar to it.
Toyota Camry Maintenance Checklist:
- Don’t skip any scheduled service. Your Toyota Camry comes with a scheduled car maintenance service schedule in its owner’s guide. Make sure that you read the guide so you can follow it. The best way to maintain your car is to have it undergo maintenance every 30,000 miles as this service will include checking or replacing important car parts like wires, timing belts, and spark plugs.
- Have an oil change. In order to keep your car in good condition, you have to follow its maintenance schedule. One of the simplest maintenance service that you need to do with your car is to have it go through an oil change. Failure to maintain this may cause engine failure and even void your warranty.
- Replace its air filter. Replace your Camry’s air filter so that you can reduce your gas mileage by as much as 14 percent. At the same time, this helps improve your car’s acceleration time.
- Check tire pressure regularly. Make it a point to invest in a tire gauge so you can regularly check your tire pressure. Doing so will help improve fuel efficiency as well as minimize tire wear and tear. It will also let you know whether or not your Camry is aligned correctly.
- Regular washing. The simplest and easiest way you can maintain your car is to wash it regularly whether at home or at a car wash. This will help remove dirt and chemicals on your car that would accumulate and strip away the was and paint of your car. At the same time, it helps keep your car looking good and polished.
Follow this maintenance schedule for your Toyota Camry:
Every 5,000 miles, check the following:
- Driver’s floor mat is installed properly
- Open campaigns/recalls
- Replacement on engine oil and filter
- Tire condition and rotation schedule
- Correct tire pressure psi
- Functioning exterior light bulbs
- Front and rear brake components
- Fluid levels
- Multi-point inspection with print out
- Road test
Every 15,000 miles, check the following along with the 5,000-mile check:
- Drive axle boots condition
- Brake fluid condition
- Transfer case and differential fluids
- Cooling system operation
- Steering and suspension components
- Exhaust system
- Air filter
- Wiper inserts/blades
- Cabin air filter
- Lubricate propeller shaft
- Charcoal canister and propeller shaft
- Reset maintenance/tire pressure warning lights
Drive your Toyota Camry to Toyota of Killeen today to have your car maintained. Call us to schedule your visit schedule!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.