The Toyota Highlander is a perennially popular midsize SUV that has earned its reputation for quality and value. In its years on the market, it has undergone quite a few changes in terms of power, style, and technology offerings. If you’re trying to decide which model year of this well-equipped SUV to buy, we’ve got you covered. Read on to discover some of the changes the Highlander has undergone over the past few years.
Technology is ever-changing, and Toyota does a great job of updating its vehicles to reflect what drivers want and expect in terms of tech. Here’s how the past few years have enhanced the technology offerings in the Highlander:
- 2017 – 2019 Highlander – Standard features for these model years include a 6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system, five USB ports, Siri Eyes Free, and a six-speaker audio system. Upgrading beyond the base model get you many more advanced features, including a host of premium audio and convenience options. The Toyota Safety Sense bundle of advanced protective equipment became standard starting with a mid-generation refresh for the 2017 model year.
- 2020 Highlander – This fully redesigned model bumps up its standard infotainment system to an 8-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay®, Amazon Alexa, Android Auto, satellite radio, a Wi-Fi hotspot, and other premium features. Available upgrades from these impressive basics include a 12.3-inch touchscreen, a navigation system, HD Radio, and an 11-speaker JBL premium audio system.
The Highlander has always maintained a striking aesthetic in addition to all of its other winning traits. This SUV has no trouble standing apart from the crowd of similarly sized vehicles with its bold presence and attractive style, which has been carefully revamped to retain a modern appeal.
- 2017 – 2018 Highlander – The mid-generation refresh introduced styling updates like a more prominent front grille, restyled headlights, and upgraded LED taillights.
- 2019 Highlander – This model ushers in some exterior styling accents like bold black side molding and chrome-ringed LED fog lights on upper trims. There is also a Nightshade Special Edition with a daring, blacked-out palette.
- 2020 Highlander – The redesigned model gets a suitably edgy new style to go along with all of its other updates. It also gains a longer profile that translates to some valuable extra legroom and cargo space on the inside.
You might also like: The Toyota Highlander: Your Next Family SUV
Find Your Highlander Today!
Ready to see what makes the Toyota Highlander such a popular pick for drivers seeking a spacious SUV that does it all? Toyota of Killeen can help! We’ve got the complete lineup of all your Toyota favorites in stock for your browsing pleasure. Check out our inventory and find your ultimate new ride today!
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.